Lot #: 144343

Asking Price: $300.00


Buy It Now

0 16
Track this lot?

Description

Scarce combination: 11 June 1948 dated HADERA reintroduced Mandate postmark (Dorf #6) tying 10 mils rouletted Doar Ivri stamp on cover addressed to KVUTZAT HACHOSHLIM (Kibbutz Amiad) via post office box at TIBERIAS post office; opened gently at back. The destination locale was established in 1946 by members of the Palmach drawn from the Ben Shemen youth village; the settlement was in an area at this time under attack by the Syrian army, which the day before had overrun the nearby settlement of Mishmar HaYarden and threated to cut off the Galilee from the rest of the country. Hadera received the Israeli trilingual postmark on 8 July.